This pregnancy has been so very different than ds. I really thought when I became pregnant again, all would be right with the world and I would just be crying tears of joy the entire time. But that is not exactly how things are going along. I feel like pregnancy this time around is harder on me. I have had weird pains, and I have had Braxton Hicks contractions already. That is kinda scary as frequent contractions landed me in the hospital around 27 weeks. So, for now, I need to drink my water and relax more.
I had my 16 week appt today and everything seems good. Every time I go to the doc, it always feels like a let down. I am not sure why. But with Kyle, the appts always seemed fun and exciting (well, at least from what I can remember). I have gained a total of 4 pounds since week 9 (or 1 pound since ET...whichever way you wanna look at it). I am happy with that since I had gained around 12/13 pounds by this time with Bub. I have my level II (elevated risk since I had IVF) u/s scheduled for January 27. I know I will be nervous, but it is too far off in the future to really think about it right now.
One of the suckier things about todays appt though was getting a prescription for some support stockings. Thanks to pregnancy number 1, my advanced age and my family history, I am at an increase for developing varicose veins. And man, this is so embarrassing for me. I feel so superficial about it, but it is something that really really really bothers me. Now, I need to go get "fitted" for some hose that is going to cost me $140! Can you believe that price???? Ridiculous. DH is trying to make jokes about it, which I appreciate, but it is still very upsetting. Wish I wasn't so vain. HA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment