Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Let the Games Begin

I went in this morning for my blood and u/s and all looks good for starting up again. Can't believe it is here again. Seems like forever ago I did the first IVF, but in reality, the last two months did kinda go fast. I am just so glad to be finishing up school tomorrow. It was really hard to teach while dealing with the side effects of the follistim and repronex. I am hoping this time will be better. I was sick last time along with dealing with the s/e. Plus the weather is warmer and the days are longer. Hopefully that will all play a positive role in this cycle.

The only detail I got from this appt was my AFC. It was 11. Last time it was 13 and we only got 5 eggs (only one was good). So, I am not really sure what that number means aside from the fact that it is lower this month that before. I also found out the weekend clinic for that I usually go to will be closed in June for renovations. So, on weekends, I will need to either travel into the city or to Highland Park. Both commutes could get close to 45 minutes one way. Compared to the 20 minute commute to Glenview, this kinda sucks. Hopefully it will only occur once or twice.

I start my lupron on Sunday. Then my follistim and repronex on Wednesday. I will be doing 5 shots a day. Gosh, this sucks. So wrong. Especially if it doesn't work. My first follie check will be on Saturday the 14th (there is that early commute).

That is the scoop...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wishing you all the blessings and luck in the world. I have no idea about the antral follie count - but here's hoping for at least one great embie in the bunch!!!!