Tuesday, May 27, 2008

sneaky bastard

I hate how this IF stuff can sneak up on you and knock you down. Minding my own business at the library today with Kyle when a grandmother and grandson duo start chatting with us. Sometimes I am in the mood to be social, sometimes I am not. I really wasn't today, but I caved and started asking the usual questions...what is his name, how old, blah blah blah. Turns out the little grandson is a month younger than Kyle. Fine, they can play and we can compare notes. Except the next thing out of her mouth was "and he is getting a baby sister next week!"

Super. Thanks for that. My son should have a 6 month old baby sibling by now, but thanks to infertility, I don't know if he will ever. Thanks, a lot, really. Put me in a funk for the entire day. And this playgroup I belong to is REALLY getting quite obnoxious with all the pregnancy talk since 90% of them are pregnant. So tired of hearing, well, we weren't really trying but it just happened. Ugh. Must be nice.

I am so so bitter today. I think it may have to do with the fact that I will be going in for my baseline in a week to start up my IVF #2. I am just so scared it won't work. What if I respond so poorly again? Most days I am ok with all this IF stress. Today, not so much.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Girl, I'm so sorry - but I do know *just* how you feel. Similar things like that happen all the time, and it's just enough to tear your heart out. :(
Hang in there... I'm so hopeful that you will have a big announcement to share with your playgroup very very soon.

shawna said...

I am sorry that this all has to be so hard for you. I will be praying that this cycle will be it for you.

Leanie said...

Thanks Shawna...what is going on with your cycle??? Do you have a blog I can keep up with??