Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothersbirthday

I have the wonderful honor of having a midish May birthday. This year, it just happened to fall on Mother's day. Fortunately, dh did a really great job of shopping and gift giving. One of the most precious things he did was to have Kyle walk upstairs to hand me a card while saying mama. That was really all I needed. I did accept the clothes, earrings, flowers and outdoor lounge chair.
Unfortunately, the plans for the day quickly dissolved. My niece and mom both got sick and we decided to steer clear of them "just in case". So, it was the three of us. It was raining and it was cold. Not the best of days, but good enough.
Today helped get us back in the spirit when going to visit the zoo. Kyle was amazing. I have never seen a little boy fall in love with goats at a petting zoo before. Between those and the woodchips and birds (robins), he thought the zoo was fabulous. Didn't quite understand the excitement of the zebras, lions, gorillas, etc. I think a May 11ish zoo trip will be our family tradion.
What a great way to keep ones mind off of IF.

No comments: