It really amazes me how many "fertiles" just don't get it. I know it is really hard to have a level of understanding of something you have never experienced first hand, but there should still be some sort of level of empathy towards people's pain and struggles.
Here is one example...
I have a coworker named K who has a son (just turned 3 and I don't think she had IF with him). She got pregnant with another baby and he was born around 24 weeks last fall and didn't make it. Since then, she has had two miscarriages. She is not someone I would consider my friend, and quite honestly, she and I just don't have personalities that mesh.
We have a coworker, R, who I respect and really really like. She is closer to my mom's age, but I always laugh when I am with her and really enjoy her company outside of work. Was chatting with R yesterday and we started talking about K's miscarriages. Let me also say R or K both don't know about my struggles with IF. R begins to tell me that she told K to stop worrying about getting pregnant. That is problably why she doesn't have a little baby...that she worries about it and isn't patient. She should just suck it up. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor. I couldn't believe that R had these feelings. I mean, K and I aren't friends, but my heart aches for her so badly.
So, I really feel like I am a infertile living in a ferile world. I wish I could confide in K and tell her all about my issues and tell her I know how she feels. And if she ever wants to talk I am here to listen. But, that is the ONLY thing we have in common. And truth be told, she isn't the kindest of souls.
I am more on the private end of sharing our journey with others. It is somewhat refreshing living a lie that my ds was conceived without shots, nurses, stirrups, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment