Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lucky number 3??

Seems like 3 is reoccuring during our IVF cycle this month...3rd IVF, 3 embryos, 3 day transfer, 3 very positive pieces of news when nurse called this morning (all 3 still thriving, transfer isn't until 11:20-not 8:00 am helps with traffic, and my RE is doing the ET, not one of the 10 other docs in the practice). Hopefully these are all good signs, but most likely I am just reading way too much into things.

So, the plan is to transfer 2 if, God willing, there are still 2 to transfer. And believe me, this was NEVER the plan. DH and I always just wanted one more baby and stick to the plan. But, after responding like crap to the previous cycles and have two failed IVFs after transferring 1 each time, we have both come to peace with the transfer of 2. Is this crazy??? Will we have a morsel of regret if they both take??? I know I need to reach the point of just putting it all in God's hands.

It is just so nice to actually be able to have this decision on the table in front of us. I don't think RE ever felt we would get this far. And, I must remember this....EVEN IF THIS RESULTS IN A BFN, I HAVE SOME GOOD EGGS IN THERE AND NOT TO GIVE UP HOPE. Easy to say this now and not in less than two weeks.

So, if there is a viable 3rd embie, it will be cultured for a freeze. Pinch me please. Can't believe I might actually have one to freeze.

1 comment:

andrea said...

OOOHHH!! That is such great news to have 3 in the running! I hope that everything went well today and that there is a sticky embie in the bunch. I'm so happy that this day has come for you. Many prayers for more good news in 2 weeks.