Wednesday, September 24, 2008

transfer day is done

I am not nearly as hopeful today as I was yesterday. We transfered 2 (although the RE suggested all 3). One was a "perfect 6 cell grade 1 embryo". The other one was a slightly fragmented 4 cell. I am not dumb. I know these are not great. I would have been a million times happier if they were both 6 or 8 cells. The 3rd embie is being watched for freezing, but it was a low grade 5 cell, so I am not holding out too much hope. When I asked RE what my chances are for this cycle, he was able to committ to 30-35%. That REALLY disappointed me. I was hoping for at least a 50/50 shot here. Out of my control and now I treat myself right, rest and wait till 10/6.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Girl, I know how much you wanted better odds, I totally understand why. But... I just wanted you to know that on our second IVF we only had three embies, one was a 6 cell, one was a 5 cell and one was a 4 cell. You've met one of them. :) In fact, I was pg with twins to start.
I think you have an excellent chance this cycle.
HUGS
Jen